Art Richardson, Janice Schreiber-Poznik, Barb Mergen Alvarado
|Reviewed By |
GIR staff at Milestone
Quorum of GIR Members Staffing MDS
GIREC and Staff
Virtual Employment Policy
Request For Remote Work is an agreement for members and staff that clearly defines the expectations and responsibilities for employees who work from home. It may also define who is eligible to work from home, the process for requesting work from home privileges, as well as the approval process.
A member of the Educator’s Cooperative/Milestone Staff (ECMS) may request a remote working option during our current pandemic or other seriously related health/family situations according to the following guidelines.
- The (ECMS) request for a remote option will not negatively impact the student to adult ratios needed to safely support the ongoing of the Milestone School student and staff wellness and engagement.
- The (ECMS) will discuss and create adjustments necessary to fulfill staff contracted duties and assignments.
- The (ECMS) member’s duties will be facilitated during their contracted scheduled times
- The (ECMS) member’s duties will be recorded in a daily log and effort document and/or weekly report
- The (ECMS) member will engage in all staff and school related meetings
6.The (ECMS) member will give 24 hours notice if any duties will not be able to be performed due to health related concerns. This needs to be looked at in general policy and this one. *****(EC agenda item)
7.The (ECMS) member will engage with other members according to the needs of the individual students ****(EC Agenda)
8. All communication duties to parents, students, EC members and staff will be facilitated within a 24 hour time frame or in real time as needed ***** (EC Agenda)
9. Accomodations for virtual employment should be seriously considered for the following populations.
- Employees that are elderly
- Employees with serious health conditions
- Employees with infants
- Employees who are not vaccinated for religious reasons
- Employees with family members in the households who are at high risk.
Approval for virtual employment will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and requests will be approved or denied by a majority decision at an EC work session with a quorum of staff present.